Looking To Buy The Best Multi-Surface Vacuum Cleaner in 2021? See Our Picks for the Best Multi Floor Vacuums.
Top Vaccum Picks According To Your Needs
We know you’re busy so we broke down our top choices into 11 categories below. Keep reading to see six more in-depth reviews!
#1 Best Overall Vacuum for the Price
- NEW ITEM AVAILABLE: Linx product line will be discontinued from the Manufacturer. Please visit the Hoover ONEPWR Evolve Pet (BH53420PC) page for the new version
- EXTREME RECLINE HANDLE: Reach further without having to move any furniture around
- EDGE CLEANING BRISTLES: Removes dirt, dust, and pet hair against those hard to reach edges
#2 Best For Allergies
- LIFT-AWAY: Lift away the pod to clean under furniture. Or detach the nozzle to clean above the floor, on upholstery, furniture, stairs, and more.
- ANTI-ALLERGEN COMPLETE SEAL: Works with a HEPA filter to trap 99.9%* of dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner. (*Based on ASTM F1977 of particles .3 microns or larger.)
- BRUSHROLL SHUTOFF: Instantly switch from more maneuverability on deep carpets to gentle bare floor cleaning.
- PERFECT FOR PET OWNERS: Picks up pet hair and loose debris. Powerfully deep-cleans dander out of upholstery and other surfaces.
#3 Best For Pet Hair Removal
- Lift-Away: Lift Away the detachable pod and easily clean, above-floor areas like stairs and furniture.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Powerful, lightweight, and versatile at only 14 lbs.
- Brushroll shutoff allows you to instantly switch from deep carpet cleaning to gentle bare floor cleaning.
#4 Best Cordless Vacuum
- Cord free. Hassle free. Powerful suction, refer user manual for instructions
- Up to 40 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Suction power (Max mode): 115 AW
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 4 hours minimum before first use
- Up to 30 minutes of fade free power with the soft roller cleaner head
#5 Best Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- High performance 350W motor provides powerful suction for deep, thorough, multi-surface cleaning
- Lightweight, cordless design easily maneuvers through every room
- Long-lasting battery delivers up to 25 minutes of uninterrupted runtime
- Easily converts to a handheld vacuum with versatile attachments to reach corners, stairs and crevices
#6 Best Value
- EVERY PURCHASE SAVES PETS. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- VACUUM & WASH AT THE SAME TIME, BISSELL CrossWave multi-surface floor cleaner cleans better than a sponge mop and bucket, and in less time.
- MULTI-SURFACE CLEANING. Safe and effective for use on tile, sealed wood floors, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, area rugs, and more.
- TWO-TANK TECHNOLOGY. Keeps clean water and formula separate from dirty water and dry debris, so you always clean everyday messes with fresh solution
#7 Best For Quick Cleanups
- Duoclean technology: Dual brushroll system deep cleans carpets and directly engages floors for a polished look.
- Ultra lightweight it converts into a 4.5 pounds handheld vacuum for versatile above floor cleaning.
- Brushroll garage for easy access to the brushroll for maintenance.
- Pet multi tool; Designed to capture embedded pet hair on all surfaces
#8 Best Multi-Purpose
- Cord free; Hassle free; Powerful suction
- Up to 30 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Detachable battery: Non-detachable
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning; Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head; Up to 6 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode); Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
#9 Best Economical
- Powerful vacuum cleaner; The dynamic motor and brush roll can lift stubborn and heavy debris; plus, the 12.6” wide nozzle cleans more with a quickness.
- Lightweight 10 lbs upright vacuum; The Eureka Power Speed is pretty lightweight and easy to maneuver; designed for whole home clean.
- With 5 height adjustment; It works well on carpets, shag rug, hard floors etc.; smooth wheels ensures hardwood floors won’t sustain scratches or gouges.
- Extra-large 2.6L capacity; The extra-large dust cup holds more dirt and requires less frequent emptying; clean more, empty less.
#10 Best Upright vacuum
- Self adjusting cleaner head seals in suction across carpet, wood, vinyl, and tile floors
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Radial root cyclone technology captures more microscopic dust than any other on the market;Cord Length:31 feet
- Instant release wand allows for cleaning up high or under furniture; Dimensions (HxWxD): 41.93 x 15.59 x 13.39 inches & Weight: 15.6 pounds;Maximum Reach:40 feet
#11 Best Bagless
- Hoover's best-cleaning bag less upright vacuum
- Quick Pass Brushroll - clean surface debris 2X faster without having to pass over the same area multiple times
- Wind Tunnel 3 Technology - 3 channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deep down embedded dirt
- 4-Position Height Adjustment - Easily adjust from deep carpet to hard floor surfaces for the best clean. Fast cleaning of surface areas, Extended cleaning reach
Best Multi-surface vacuum Cleaners
Here’s something we can both agree on…
Choosing the best vacuum for multi-surface is not an easy task unlike choosing a vacuum for homes with one main type of flooring.
In this ultimate guide, I have shortlisted the top 6 multi-surface vacuum cleaners based on budget, features, and performance.
That said, Let’s dive right into the list to pick your best multi-surface vacuum cleaner 2021. And must have a look at the following comparison chart for a quick overview of all vacuum cleaners.
|Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away (NV501)||Lift-Away|
|Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum Cleaner||Upright|
|Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright Vacuum||Lift-away Urpright|
|Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum||Cordless Lift-Away|
|Dyson DC39 Origin Canister Vacuum||Canister|
|Bissell CrossWave Wet/Dry Vacuum||Corded Lift-Away|
Top Multi-surface vacuum Reviews
Now without further ado, we have some detailed reviews on 6 more vacums to help you pick your favorite top-rated vacuum.
This inexpensive vacuum cleaner delivers solid performance to clean various types of floors and surfaces. Its unique design allows it to clean hard-to-reach areas and Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology with HEPA filter keeps the dust and allergens trapped inside making the air clean to breathe. This is especially important for allergy suffers like myself looking for vacuums.
It’s more affordable than most of the Dyson vacuums and earns the highest scores for cleaning bare floors. It is less capable when vacuuming carpet, but it still gets the job done.
The strong airflow with a premium pet power brush allows it to pick up pet hairs along with debris, dander, or other dust particles from all surfaces in your home. The dust bin has XL-Capacity to capture a large number of pollens, long hairs, or dirt particles. This makes it a great vacuum for pet owners and an ideal vacuum for pets that shed a lot.
The advanced Swivel steering makes maneuvering easy so kids can help with chores and the detachable canister breaks down to use as a handheld vac for small cleaning tasks or hard-to-reach areas.
However, this vacuum struggles with few shortcomings as well.
The brush roll can be turned on/off, but it requires some effort. It lacks a way to adjust the head based on pile height. It’s all well-constructed which provides some heft that some people may find too heavy especially if you need to carry it up and downstairs.
Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright vacuum is another high-quality vacuum for cleaning multiple floor types. It’s a more expensive than the Shark vacuum we rated higher but the price is justifiable when the added the features and performance it delivers.
First, the self-adjusting cleaner head allows cleaning several floor types from carpets to hard floors (without damaging wood or tiles). This is a feature the Shark multi-purpose vacuum was missing.
The powerful brush bar allows this vacuum to work smoothly on the thick carpets and as you shift from tile to carpet and vice versa the bar adjusts the height itself making it an ideal vacuum for multi-surface. If you have tile, laminate, hardwood floors, and carpet on the same level of a home, you do not need to stop to adjust a thing. That’s a pretty spiffy feature.
The latest ball technology makes it highly maneuverable and easy to steer around with a slight push on the head on a pin. The easy to grip head makes it easy to navigate and swivel around the coffee table, between the couches, or to clean the gaps between the recliners. This vacuum is great for giving kids an easy-to-accomplish chore.
This vacuum works well on different floor types but struggles at picking up pet hairs. It doesn’t have a soft dusting brush like the Dyson ball allergy but it does offer several extra tools. You get a stair cleaning tool and combination accessory tool for random vacuuming jobs around the house.
If you are tight on budget, you can buy a refurbished model with a continuous five-year parts and labor warranty if the product is delivered by an authorized reseller. We’d probably recommend sticking with a new product as vacuums are hard to fix when they break but it is an option to consider.
It comes in third on our list of useful vacuums for multi-surface homes and is more affordable than the Dyson vacuum. This corded model does everything like a cordless Dyson vacuum but with slightly less performance.
You can take advantage of the lift-away handheld unit to clean high corners and around curtains, cars, or stairs. Furthermore, the pet power brush helps to suck pet fur from upholstery. This makes it a great vacuum for homes with cats or dog.
Unlike the Dyson with a soft roller, this vacuum uses a special dusting attachment with microfiber pads to pick up fine particles. It can be washed and reused, which saves some cost and is better for the environment than throw-away pads like the popular Swiffer. The multi-surface nature of the vacuum means you don’t even need a Swiffer.
The pollen and dust particles are picked up with great suction power and remain trapped inside thanks to the HEPA filter with Anti-emission technology. If you are worried about a sprinkling of dust or removing allergens then you are going to love this vacuum for allergy suffers.
Dyson V8 Absolute is another best-selling vacuum by the most trusted brand Dyson. The vacuums Dyson makes are incredible pieces of equipment. This one not only removes the dust bunnies from the hardwood floor but also picks up dirt from carpet fibres in your houses stairs due to it’s cordless capability.
This cordless Dyson vacuum provides 40 minutes of continuous suction while using the main head and about 25 minutes while using the motorized floor tool attachment. For large homes, this is a key feature. It also works great in homes and small apartments with limited outlet space so you dn’t have to keep unplugging lamps and the tv to vacuum.
This is the most versatile vacuum that when it comes to cleaning multi-surface cleaning. The Dyson V8 is ready to deal with hard floors, carpet, stairs, and cars using the lift-away compartment as a handheld vacuum. It pretty much works on anything. The direct-drive motor head for carpet, the soft roller cleaner for hard floors that deals with fine particles, several handheld attachments, and a long wand for higher reach cleaning.
It even has a HEPA filter to keep the allergens and dust trapped inside resulting in cleaner air to breathe in your home. Furthermore, the convenience of cord-free operation and brilliant suction makes it an ideal solution for homes with multiple surfaces to clean. Plus no one likes tripping and vacuuming over the cord!
When it comes to cleaning, the multi-surface Dyson DC39 does an average job of cleaning carpets and picking up pet hairs but performs especially well on bare floors like hardwood, tile, and laminate. This works great for homes than may only have a small amount of carpet in bedrooms.
It features high-quality filters for clearing the air to make it fresh and pure for breathing. A great plus is that they are washable, saving you money and the environment.
There is no major difference between the performance of this vacuum than others we have mentioned from Dyson. It delivers a similar level of suction power to the Dyson Cyclone but some people don’t like the central steering mechanism compared to other Dyson vacuums. However, a plus on the maneuvering is that you can use the handle button to control the brush which saves your back as there is no need to bend in order to adjust the beater bar.
Here’s the best part.
The Dyson Ball with internal insulation in conjunction with other noise-absorbing materials is quieter and ready to use. It’s so quite you can vacuum while a baby is sleeping. If you’re only a pet parent, this is a great vacuum for pets as the quiet operations are less likely to scare them.
Let me tell you the advantage of this technology. You can both vacuum and mop the floor simultaneously. The mixture of microfiber and nylon bristles allows building the scrub that ultimately picks up debris.
In addition, it keeps the brush roll and air path between uses.
Here comes the best part…
You can easily remove the roll in order to wash it by hand.
Though carpeted or hard flooring rooms might not be able to take advantage of this solution but home with rugs and tile flooring can get an advantage.
As you can see the small unit might not be able to use on the large sections of carpeting. Therefore homes with mixtures of hardwood and area rugs, tile, or laminate floors are ultimately going to take advantage of this vacuum.
Buying a multi-surface vacuum is not like when you shop a traditional vacuum cleaner for your home. There are several factors to look for and that’s what we will discuss now.
Types of Multi-Surface Vacuums to Look For
When buying a vacuum for cleaning multiple surfaces consider buying these types of vacuums to make your home tidy.
Lift Away: Lift-away vacuums are upright vacuums with detaching handheld units allowing the consumers to clean a variety of surfaces at home with ease. Either it’s cleaning bare floors, stairs, carpeting, curtains or car seats.
Wet/Dry vacuums: Anything that can suck the dirt and debris up and then turn around and function as a mop is useful in a home with multiple types of flooring. These types of vacuums are helpful for area rugs and carpeting as well as to sterilize hard flooring with just the flick of a switch.
Whatever the type of vacuum is it will be either corded or cordless. So it’s totally up to you as every homeowner needs to decide this according to their home environment. (Sometimes wires entangled when having pets or kids at home.)
Another thing to look for is how many different ways you can use the vacuum. The more versatile it is the more surfaces it can clean.
The more accessories and nozzles a vacuum brings the more places it allows you to clean.
Tools: Different types of tools like dusting tools, upholstery tools, and crevice tools are helpful in cleaning different floor types.
Heads: Make sure the vacuums you are purchasing have multiple heads like one for hard flooring and one for carpeting or area rugs.
This 5 Best Multi-Surface Vacuum Cleaners 2021 ( Feb Update Today ) article explains which is the best vacuum that you should pick for multi surface without spending too much. These are different types of tools that can help you much.