Looking To Buy The Best Multi-Surface Vacuum Cleaner in 2020, Best Multi Floor Vacuum?
Top Picks According To Your Needs
1> Our #1 Pick: Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro at Amazon
2> Self-adjusting head: Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 at Amazon
3> Best For Pets: Dyson V8 Absolute at Amazon
4> Longest Warranty: Dyson DC39 Multi Floor at Amazon
5> Wet/Dry Mop Vacuum: Bissell CrossWave 1785A at Amazon
#1 Best Overall
- fade free lithium ion battery: Interchangeable batteries provide cordless Freedom to clean Anywhere
- Extreme recline handle: Reach further without having to move any furniture around
- Edge cleaning bristles: Removes dirt, dust, and pet hair against those hard to reach edges
- WindTunnel technology: Creates channels of suction to life and remove surface debris and deep embedded dirt
#2 Best For Allergies
- Dust cup capacity 2.2 quarts; Lift away; Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology plus a HEPA filter; Traps 99.9 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Powerful and lightweight; Portable and versatile at 13.7 pounds
- Brush roll shutoff; Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning
#3 Best For Pet Air Removal
- Lift-away: Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Powerful and lightweight upright vacuum. Portable and versatile at only 12.5 pounds
- Brushroll shutoff allows for both deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning
#4 Best Cordless Vacuum
- Cord free. Hassle free. Powerful suction, refer user manual for instructions
- Up to 40 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Suction power (Max mode): 115 AW
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 4 hours minimum before first use
- Up to 30 minutes of fade free power with the soft roller cleaner head
#5 Best Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- High performance 350W motor provides powerful suction for deep, thorough, multi-surface cleaning
- Lightweight, cordless design easily maneuvers through every room
- Long-lasting battery delivers up to 25 minutes of uninterrupted runtime
- Easily converts to a handheld vacuum with versatile attachments to reach corners, stairs and crevices
#6 Best Value
- Vacuums And washes your floors at the same time; surface type: bare floors
- Dual Action Multi Surface Brush Roll Uses An Innovative Microfiber And Nylon Brush To Mop And Pick Up Dry Debris At The Same Time
- Two Tank System Keeps Cleaning Solution And Dirty Water Separate To Ensure That You'Re Always Cleaning With A Fresh Mix Of Water And Formula
- Smart Touch Controls On The Handle Allow You To Easily Switch Between Cleaning Hard Floors And Area Rugs And Control Your Solution With An On Demand Solution Trigger
#7 Best For Quick Cleanups
- Duoclean technology: dual brushroll system deep cleans carpets and directly engages floors for a polished look.
- Brushroll garage for easy access to the brushroll for maintenance.
- Pet multi tool; Designed to capture embedded pet hair on all surfaces
- Led lights on the floor nozzle and handheld vacuum to help spot hidden debris throughout your home
#8 Best Multi-Purpose
- Cord free; Hassle free; Powerful suction
- Up to 30 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Detachable battery: Non-detachable
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning; Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head; Up to 6 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode); Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
#9 Best Economical
- Powerful vacuum cleaner: The dynamic motor and brushroll can lift stubborn and heavy debris. Plus, the 12. 6” wide nouncezle cleans more with a quickness.
- 5 height adjustment: It works well on carpets, shag rug, hard floors etc. Smooth wheels ensures hardwood floors won’t sustain scratches or gouges.
- 4. 1L extra-large capacity: the extra-large dust cup holds more dirt and requires less frequent emptying. Clean more, empty less.
- Multiple accessories included: a quick-release handle connected to the stretch hose for above-floor cleaning. A 7-inch-long crevice tool, dusting brush, and upholstery tool help clean hard-to-reach areas. Extract dirt, pet hair, freshen up your car, curtains, celings or door frames. For your convenience, they are all stored right on board.
#10 Best Upright vacuum
- Self adjusting cleaner head seals in suction across carpet, wood, vinyl, and tile floors
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Radial root cyclone technology captures more microscopic dust than any other on the market;Cord Length:31 feet
- Instant release wand allows for cleaning up high or under furniture; Dimensions (HxWxD): 41.93 x 15.59 x 13.39 inches & Weight: 15.6 pounds;Maximum Reach:40 feet
#11 Best Bagless
- Our Best Cleaning Bagless Upright
- QuickPass Brush roll – 2X Faster Cleaning** - Clean surface debris without having to pass over the same area multiple times.
- Exclusive WindTunnel 3 Technology - Creates 3 channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deep down embedded dirt.
- Brush roll On/Off Switch - Turn on/off brush roll for optimal cleaning on carpets and hard floors.
Best Multi-surface vacuum Cleaners
Here’s something we can both agree on…
Choosing the best vacuum for multi-surface is not an easy task unlike choosing a vacuum for the homes with one main type of flooring dominating the walkways.
In this ultimate guide, I have shortlisted top 5 multi-surface vacuum cleaners based on budget, features, and performance.
That said, Let’s dive right into the list to pick your best multi-surface vacuum cleaner 2020. And must have a look at the following comparison chart for a quick overview of all vacuum cleaners.
|Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away (NV501)||Lift-Away|
|Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum Cleaner||Upright|
|Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright Vacuum||Lift-away Urpright|
|Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum||Cordless Lift-Away|
|Dyson DC39 Origin Canister Vacuum||Canister|
|Bissell CrossWave Wet/Dry Vacuum||Corded Lift-Away|
Top Multi-surface vacuum Reviews
Read these detailed reviews to pick your favorite top-rated vacuum.
This inexpensive vacuum cleaner delivers solid performance to clean various types of floors/surfaces and its unique design allows it to clean hard-to-reach areas and Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology with HEPA filter keeps the dust and allergens trapped inside making the air clean to breathe.
It’s cheaper than most of the Dyson vacuums but earns the highest scores for cleaning bare floors. Though it struggles on carpets it still gets the job done.
The strong airflow with a premium pet power brush allows it to pick up pet hairs along with debris, dander or other dust particles from all surfaces in your home.
The dust cup is of XL-Capacity to capture a large number of pollens, long hairs, or dirt particles.
The advanced Swivel steering makes the maneuvring easy and the detachable canister breaks it down to use as a handheld vac for.
While on the other hand, this vacuum struggles with few shortcomings as well.
Brush roll can be turned on/off, but with some effort. It lacks a way to adjust the head based on pile height. You might find it too heavy.
Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright vacuum is another high-quality vacuum for cleaning multiple floor types. It’s a little bit expensive than the above vacuum but the price justifies the features and performance it delivers.
First of all, the self-adjusting cleaner head allows cleaning several floor types from carpets to hard floors (without damaging wood or tiles).
The powerful brush bar allows this vacuum to work smoothly on the thick carpets and, As you shift from tile to carpet and vice versa the bar adjusts the height itself making it an ideal vacuum for multi-surface.
The latest ball technology makes it highly maneuverable and easy to steer around with a slight push on the head on a pin. The easy to grip head makes it easy to navigate and swivel around the coffee table, between the couches or to clean the gaps between the recliners.
This vacuum works well on different floor types but struggles at picking up pet hairs as it doesn’t have soft dusting brush like the Dyson ball allergy (It brings several extra tools). But you still get a stair cleaning tool and combination accessory tool.
If you are tight on budget then you can still buy the refurbished model with continuous five-year parts and labor warranty only if the product is delivered by an authorized reseller.
That said, it’s our third useful vacuum for multi-surface homes not because it’s most popular but it’s affordable than the Dyson.
This corded model pretty much does everything like a cordless Dyson vacuum.
You can take advantage of the lift-away handheld unit to clean high corners and around curtains, car, or stairs. Furthermore, the pet power brush helps to suck pet fur from upholstery.
Unlike the Dyson with a soft roller, this vacuum uses a special dusting attachment with microfiber pads to pick up fine particles, and it can be washed and reused, which saves some cost.
The pollens or dust particles picked up with great suction power remain trapped inside, Thanks to HEPA filter (Anti-emission).
If you are worried about a sprinkling of dust or removing allergens then you are going to live this vacuum.
Dyson V8 Absolute is another best-selling vacuum by the most trusted brand Dyson which not only removes the dust bunnies from the hardwood floor but also picks dirt from fibersrpet fibres from your house stairs.
This cordless Dyson vacuum provides 40 minutes of continuous suction while using the main head and about 25 minutes while using the motorized floor tool attachment.
This is the most versatile vacuum that when it comes to cleaning multi-surface cleaning, Dyson V8 is ready to deal with hard floors, carpet, stairs and cars (using the lift-away compartment as a handheld vacuum).
It pretty much works on anything, the direct-drive motor head for carpet, soft roller cleaner for hard floors that deals with fine particles, handheld attachments, a long wand for higher reach cleaning.
The HEPA filter keeps the allergens and dust trapped inside resulting in clean air to breathe. Furthermore, the convenience of cord-free operation and brilliant suction makes it an ideal solution for homes with multiple surfaces to clean.
It features high-quality filters for clearing the air to make it fresh and pure for breathing, Plus they are washable.
There is no major difference between the performance of this vacuum than others. It pretty much delivers a similar level of suction power like of Dyson Cyclone. But people don’t like the central steering mechanism.
Here’s the best part…
The Dyson Ball with internal insulation in conjunction with other noise-absorbing materials is quieter and ready to use while a baby sleeping beside.
Moreover, you can use the handle button to control the brush, having no need to bend in order to adjust the beater bar.
Let me tell you the advantage of this technology. You can both vacuum and mop the floor simultaneously. The mixture of microfiber and nylon bristles allows building the scrub that ultimately picks up debris.
In addition, it keeps the brush roll and air path between uses.
Here comes the best part…
You can easily remove the roll in order to wash it by hand.
Though carpeted or hard flooring rooms might not be able to take advantage of this solution but home with rugs and tile flooring can get an advantage.
As you can see the small unit might not be able to use on the large sections of carpeting. Therefore homes with mixtures of hardwood and area rugs, tile, or laminate floors are ultimately going to take advantage of this vacuum.
Buying a multi-surface vacuum is not like when you shop a traditional vacuum cleaner for your home. There are several factors to look for and that’s what we will discuss now.
Types of Multi-Surface Vacuums to Look For
When buying a vacuum for cleaning multiple surfaces consider buying these types of vacuums to make your home tidy.
Lift Away: Lift-away vacuums are upright vacuums with detaching handheld units allowing the consumers to clean a variety of surfaces at home with ease. Either it’s cleaning bare floors, stairs, carpeting, curtains or car seats.
Wet/Dry vacuums: Anything that can suck the dirt and debris up and then turn around and function as a mop is useful in a home with multiple types of flooring. These types of vacuums are helpful for area rugs and carpeting as well as to sterilize hard flooring with just the flick of a switch.
Whatever the type of vacuum is it will be either corded or cordless. So it’s totally up to you as every homeowner needs to decide this according to their home environment. (Sometimes wires entangled when having pets or kids at home.)
Another thing to look for is how many different ways you can use the vacuum. The more versatile it is the more surfaces it can clean.
The more accessories and nozzles a vacuum brings the more places it allows you to clean.
Tools: Different type of tools like dusting tool, upholstery tool, and crevice tool are helpful in cleaning different floor types.
Heads: Make sure the vacuums you are purchasing have multiple heads like one for hard flooring and one for carpeting or area rugs.
This 5 Best Multi-Surface Vacuum Cleaners 2020 ( Updated Today ) article explains which is the best vacuum that you should pick for multi surface without spending too much. These are different type of tools that can help you much.