iRobot has grabbed lots of users since its heyday, and it’s not hard to see why. It goes without saying that you have to apply serious elbow grease in order to get the customers through the door and that’s something iRobot did smartly. With plenty of advanced robot vacuums thrown in the market, the America-based advanced Technology Company has left no stone unturned in bringing best for its customers, and Roomba E5 is one of them. Is it over garnishing? Alright, let me make my case, and let’s see how you can stop yourself from giving it a try.
iRobots took the Roomba E5 to the market in 2018 along with its big brother the i7+. Be that as it may, the later cornered the market because of some of its unique features such as cleaning the dust, frittering away the grime and wiping it off all by itself. However, the bad boy E5 deserves a look-see for sure. I kid you not.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 5X the Power-Lifting Suction. Control how you clean with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant.
- IDEAL FOR HOMES WITH PETS - Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors. High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat and dog dander allergens.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant and Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- ADAPTIVE NAVIGATION - A full suite of advanced sensors allow Roomba to navigate under and around furniture, and along edges. Cliff Detect keeps it from falling down stairs.
- Sensational carpet cleaning
- IFTTT channel
- Terrific compatibility
- You have to pay through the nose for extra virtual barriers
- Cleaning on wooden floors is not up to the mark
iRobot Roomba E5 Review
Here, we are going to delve deeper into why it’s a great deal of money. Keep on reading this Roomba E5 review to know whether it’s a good deal of money or not. So, without further ado, let’s get into this!
The Roomba E5 joins its siblings in design. That said, the E5 has got the circular shape as you would expect from an iRobot vacuum cleaner. Again, it’s similar to other Roomba models if you cast a glance from the top. But hold on. Look, there’s something green if we get to the bottom. Yes, that’s a bright green rubber brush coupled with a side brush. Both the brushes are planted between its wheels for better contact with floor and carpets compared to bristles. So, we have found a difference in design, at last. And don’t worry about the weight, the E5 is super light. Yeah, just 7.2 pounds.
With a diameter of 13.3 inches, the E5 is 3.6″ tall. If we spend a moment just talking about the size of this masterpiece, it’s teeny-weeny still has decent width, which means it can take care of all the tiny spaces underneath your couches.
The E5 does a great job when it comes to easy-to-operate and straightforward controls. You get three controls on top of E5 comprising the regular clean, spot clean and return-to-charging buttons. The regular clean button is bee’s knees when you want the cleaning to be done quickly.
Then comes the next button for the spot cleaning (1-meter square). Well, that’s the control you should pick if you want the robot to clean off a specific area. As far as the return-to-charging button is concerned, it is a nifty way to command the robot to reach wherever you want it to reach without physically touching it. That’s exciting, isn’t it?
One of the most exciting features of Roomba E5 is its ability to connect to your Wi-Fi network. That’s how it enables you to pair it with your smartphone. The mobile app in your phone is a handy way to regulate your robot vacuum along the way. Did I miss something? Yes, with E5’s compatibility, you’d now be able to frame up cleaning schedules. Whoa! Gone are the days when you had to stand next to your robot to kick off the cleaning. The E5 is now able to take care of all your cleaning needs. Just give the command with your smartphone while your car shuttles you to work and let the E5 make the difference.
Meanwhile, you can keep tabs on your robot’s activates and see the places where it has done the cleaning. Need I say more? Then buy the E5 right now if you can’t get time out of your quotidian routine to physically monitor the cleaning being done.
What about the obstacles?
Yes, that’s the aspect needing huge attention. One of the most important questions people ask is, would the E5 be able to put up with the obstacles which come in the way? Well, to be brutally honest, the E5 can easily make its way around the house. With that, the Roomba E5 does a great job in making its way through the stairs without falling over thanks to the cliff sensor coming in. There’s no point of having trouble while passing beneath the furniture, but due to its wide body, small spaces underneath may hinder its movement. That’s not gross, that’s how it goes. I mean, you have to move some furniture out of the way so that it gets away with this easily. After all, you have got to crack a few eggs to make an omelet. Don’t you?
What do you get with the Roomba E5?
With each box of Roomba E5, you get the following things
- The Roomba e5
- The charging base
- A dual-mode virtual wall barrier coupled with a couple of AA batteries
- Buyer’s manual and documentation
An amazing app, excellent connectivity, and a very convenient virtual barrier system are the reasons why the iRobot Roomba e5 stands out. However, it may face a cut-throat competition regarding its price, which is totally understandable.
- Best Shop Vac
- Best Vacuum for Carpet
- Best Shark Vacuum for Pet Hair
- Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum
- Best Handheld Vacuum For Pet Hair